Shure Super 55
Introduced 70 years ago, the Shure Super 55 Unidyne gained fame as one of the world’s first single-element unidirectional microphones. Shure has taken the iconic 55SH chrome-plated die-cast body, in production since 1951, and created the Super 55 Deluxe vocal microphone. The Supper 55 offers an advanced supercardioid capsule and royal blue internal foam while retaining a retro-cool look. The Super 55 offers a high-output, vocal-friendly sound, smooth frequency response, and a robust shock mount.
Performers and music enthusiasts will appreciate the timeless style and cultural significance of the Super 55. This microphone is ideal for stage, studio recording, podcasting, and other sound applications where a stand-mounted microphone with a classic look is desirable.
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Chrome die-cast metal construction and mechanical design resists wear and abuse
- Uniform supercardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and excellent rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for natural sounding vocals and speech
- Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Shock mounted cartridge minimizes stand transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Self-tensioning swivel mount permits tilting through 45 degrees forwardand 80 degrees backward
- Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 60 to 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Output Impedance: EIA rated at 150O (290O actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -53.0 dBV/Pa; 1 Pascal=94 dB SPL
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight: Net: 0.656kg (1.45lb)
- Case: Chrome-plated die casting
- Replacement Cartridge for Super 55 and upgrade kit for 55SH Series II Microphone.