The Shure KSM44A is a premium, large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional). The refined and sophisticated design of the KSM44A features an externally biased, dual 1-inch diaphragms, extensive internal pop filtering and Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology for a ground-breaking threshold minimum of self-noise.
The Shure KSM44A is the premier choice for the highest level of professional studio and stage performance. The KSM44A/SL includes ShureLock® suspension shock mount, ShureLock stand mount, carrying case, and velveteen pouch.
- A milestone technical achievement, Shure’s Prethos™ Advanced PreamplifierTechnology provides 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131 dB for a totaldynamic range of 127 dB – an increase of 7 dB that defines the new standardfor cleanly nuanced audio capture
- Multiple polar patterns–cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional–formaximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and externalconnectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels(SPLs)
- Dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 µm, 24 Karat gold-layered,low mass diaphragms provide superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency,extremely wide frequency response and no crossover distortion. Minimizesharmonic and intermodulation distortions.
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted standvibration noise or counteract proximity effect
- Integrated three-stage “pop” protection grille reduces plosives and otherbreath noise
- Cartridge Type: Condenser (externally biased)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Bidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 50 ohms
- Attenuator Switch: 15 dB
- Low-Frequency Filter Switch: Flat, –6 dB/octave below 115 Hz, or –18dB/octave below 80 H
- Power Requirements: 11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938) 5.8 mA, maximum
- Common Mode Rejection (10 to 100,000 Hz): > 50 dB
- Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 50 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin2 with respect to pin 3
- Net Weight: 492 g (17.4 oz.)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR). male, balanced
- Shure A44ASM
- Shure A44ASC
- Shure A44AM
- Shure A44AVB