Rane’s SL4 connects 4 vinyl turntables or CD players to your computer and the mixer of your choice. Using special control vinyl, CDs or MIDI controllers, you can scratch and mix files from your Mac or Windows computer’s CD or hard drive. This intuitive system replicates the traditional DJing experience for “real feel” usability. With unparalleled performance, stability and audio quality, you’ll know why thousands of DJs worldwide choose Rane with Serato Scratch Live.
The Rane SL4 is the first standalone DJ interface with 2 USB ports for seamless DJ changeover and back-to-back performances. Superior sound is delivered with high quality 96 kHz, 24-bit audio. Built-in galvanic isolation between USB and audio, with turn on/off muting, ensures that only the purest interference-free audio signal is heard. Low-latency ASIO and Core Audio drivers allow you to use the SL 4 as a studio production tool with multiple third-party software applications.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_tabs][vc_tab title=”Features” tab_id=”1399482354-1-46″]
- Inputs for four turntables or CD decks, switchable in any combination.
- Two high-speed USB 2.0 ports for seamless DJ changeover and back-to-back performance.
- Aux Input for session recording or LiveFeed.
- Aux Output assignable to the SP-6 Sample Player.
- 48 kHz and 96 kHz sample rate switch on the SL4 rear.
- 10-in 10-out USB sound card with any software supporting ASIO or Core Audio.
- Built in galvanic isolation for the purest audio signal.
- Four software-switchable analog Thru connections for regular vinyl or CD playback.
- Bus power from either USB port or the included RS6 external power supply.
[/vc_tab][vc_tab title=”Images” tab_id=”1399482354-2-93″]
[/vc_tab][vc_tab title=”Specifications” tab_id=”1399483013815-2-9″]
- Computer interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- USB Power Requirement: 500 mA, 5.0 Volts
- USB Audio Channels: Ten Record and Ten Playback
- External Power Supply: 7.5 Volts (included)
- Converters: 24-bit / 48 kHz or 96 kHz sample rate switchable
– DAC Dynamic Range: 104.5 dB, A-weighted
– ADC Dynamic Range: 103 dB, A-weighted
– Dynamic Range: 101 dB A-weighted analog in to analog out
- Frequency Response: -0.6 dB @ 20 Hz, -0.03 dB @ 20 kHz
- THD+N: 0.007% at 1 kHz, 20 Hz to 20 kHz BW
- Inputs: Inputs 1-4 individually Phono / Line switchable
– Aux Input: Line-Level only
– Gain: Unity
– Maximum Input / Output: 3 Vrms @ 1 kHz
– Switched Phono Input Max: 70 mV rms @ 1 kHz
- SL 4 Unit Size: 7.25″ x 5″ x 1.7″ (18.4 x 12.6 x 4.3 cm)
- Shipping Size: 14″ x 14″ x 4″ (36 x 36 x 10 cm)
- Weight: 6 lbs (3 kg)
System Requirements for Serato Scratch Live:
NOTE: These are the minimum requirements to run Scratch Live with the SL 4. For best performance and for use in professional situations, Rane recommends that you buy a higher spec computer, preferably with Intel processors.
- Available USB 2.0 port.
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher.
- Hard drive space for music: 5400RPM minimum, 7200RPM recommended for high resolution audio playback.
- 2GHz Intel Core Duo
- 2GB RAM
- OSX 10.5.8 or higher
- 2.2GHz Intel Core Duo
- 2 GB RAM
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or Windows 7
(Rane recommends Windows 7 over Vista.)